Dignity Farewell Plan
What you should know
The minimum and maximum age at entry for the main life is 18 and 59 years respectively.
The Plan covers:
- Biological/Dependent Children
- Biological, step or foster mother
- Biological, step or foster father
A cash lump sum equal to the benefit amount at the time of death will be paid if any of the insured lives pass on. This is to provide the financial support required for other services not offered by the funeral home.
The selected funeral services will be delivered on the demise of any of the insured lives subject to the policy terms and conditions.
The list of funeral Services includes:
Basic Services (Compulsory)
- Consultation for Funerals and cremation services (Free)
- Administrative fees,Shroud kits and identification tags
- Death Registration or Burial Permit
- Embalming (Standard) OR
- Embalming (Post autopsy cases)
- Custodial Care (up to 35 days)
- Recovery/conveyance from within Accra/Tema
- Bathing / sanitization (including bathing items and body bag) OR
- Bathing / sanitization and dressing for funeral OR
- Bathing / sanitization and dressing for funeral – outside
- Lincoln/Cadillac Herse – Accra/Tema, one day OR
- Lincoln/Cadillac Herse – Accra/Tema, overnight OR
- Mercedes Benz / Lincoln Hearse (4 x 4, black)-Accra/Tema, one day OR
- Mercedes Benz / Lincoln Hearse (4 x 4, black)-Accra/Tema, overnight OR
- Chevrolet Hearse(black)-Accra/Tema, one day OR
- Chevrolet Hearse(black)-Accra/Tema, overnight
- Church Trolley
- Lowering Devices/ canopies /carpets
- Grave marker (Epitaph)
- Custodial Care (Mortuary Fees)-Additional Weeks
- Autopsy (postmortem Services) OR
- Autopsy (postmortem Services) for embalmed bodies.
- All Soul’s (Interdenominational) Chapel including live streaming OR
- All Soul’s (Interdenominational) Chapel for vigil only OR
- Chapel and pavilion package (3 hours) OR
- Chapel and pavilion package (full day) OR
- VIP lounge
- Pall Bearers and Transportation
- Clergy – by arrangement
- Cremation (includes documentation/permits)
- Burial plots for cremated remains
- Head Stone
- Garden of Peace Cemetery-Single Grave (wooden caskets only) OR
- Garden of Peace Cemetery-Double Grave (wooden caskets only) OR
- Securing/Preparation of grave-Tema Comm. 9 cemeteries.
There will be an additional charge if the body is conveyed out of Accra/Tema.
Limits of Benefits
Minimum Total Benefits (Service* and Cash) – GHS 20,000
Maximum Total Benefits (Service* and Cash) – GHS 100,000
Cover Percentages for the different categories of insured lives are as follows:
|Member||Cover Level-Service Benefit||Cover Level-Cash Benefit||Minimum Age at Entry(Last Birthday)||Maximum Age at Entry(Last Birthday)||Maximum Number of Covered Lives|
Waiver of Premium:
You will no longer be required to pay premiums if death should occur early or on the attainment of age 60. However, all the insured lives are still entitled to their benefit under the policy.
The waiver of premium benefit applies only if you were aged between age 18 and 50 at the time you took the policy. The automatic benefit escalator ceases when this benefit takes effect.
Accidental Death Benefit.
You are entitled to your total benefit as specified in the policy schedule in the event that any of the insured lives passes on through an accident during the waiting period. This benefit is subject to the lapse rule in the first year of the policy.
Automatic Annual Premium Escalator
Your total premium will be increased every year by 10% (excluding the policy fee). The increase takes effect on each anniversary of the Policy Start Date.
The increase in premium will result in an increase in the Cash Benefit by 7.5% each year to protect your cash benefit against the effect of inflation. It also guarantees the delivery of the services when any of the insured lives passes on.
Conditions Precedent To Benefits
Waiting Period: This is a period from the Policy Start Date during which no benefit is payable.
Waiting Period below applies to lives insured from the inception of the policy and for lives added after policy inception.
|Covered Life||Waiting Period|
|Main life, Spouse and Dependent Children,||6 months|
|Extended Family||12 months|
Your policy will lapse if you fail to pay premiums for four (4) consecutive months from the payment due date. This Lapse rule is applicable only in the first year of all polices. Policies after their first policy anniversary will be subjected to the Never Lapse Feature
When any of the insured lives passes on, immediately call Lashibi Funeral Home,
- (233) 277 561 746
- (233) 27 7561 749
- (233) 577 603 687
to convey the remains to their facility.
You can then visit any of our branch offices to put in your claim.
The processing of a claim form will commence only when we have received all of these documents:
- A completed claim form
- The original Policy Schedule
- Any valid national identification document that establishes the name and date of birth of the policyholder and / or claimant: Voters’ ID, Driver’s license, Passport, NHIS card or Ghana card
- A death certificate or medical cause of death or a legal document that confirms the occurrence of the event for which the claim is being made.
- A Police Report in the event of unnatural/accidental death.
This list is by no means exhaustive. We reserve the right to ask for other documents that can enable us process your claim.
For information about this plan or to submit a query or complaint, please contact us on
Phone no: 0302 208877